The GSAF provides access to a wide range of scientific instrumentation to help you get your research done. Some instruments require initial user training and reserving usage times on a calendar. For some we charge a small fee to cover the costs of annual service contracts and maintenance. Most are available free of charge to qualified UT researchers.
Quantitative Real-Time PCR systems
- Three ViiA7 (ThermoFisher)
- QuantStudio (ThermoFisher)
- LightCycler 480 (Roche)
- Other standard thermocyclers
Gel Imaging and Nucleic Acid Assessment
- GBox-F3 (Syngen)
- FluorChem (Protein Simple)
- NightOwl (Berthold)
- Typhoon 9500
- Blue Pippin (Sage Science)
- BioAnalyzer 2100 (Agilent)
- Fragment Analyzer (Advanced Analytical)
- Covaris S2 (DNA Shearing)
Liquid Handling Automation and Plate Readers
- epMotion 5073
- FlexStation 3 Fluorescence and absorbance plate reader
- SpectraMax M3
- Contact us if you have a job that requires liquid handling automation service.
- Covaris S50 DNA shearing
- Agilent Bioanalyzer
See the instrument list and details on our wiki page.